Foreman - Utility
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Earn up to $750.00 in a Signing Bonus.
The Utility Foreman will be responsible for the safe daily field planning, supervision, and production of all types of utilities related construction. Management of the field operations with a primary focus on safety, compliance, efficiency, cost management and innovation. Manage construction activities and protocol ensuring compliance relative to all applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
Department: Energy Division
Reports To: Superintendent
Status: Full-time, Hourly
• Provide job hazard analysis prior to new work activities
• Conduct job hazard analysis, daily huddles, stretching exercises, and weekly Tool Box Talk with crew
• Supervise quality control and Company safety policies in line with total construction effort required to construct in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with Project Managers, Site Supervisor, Client Representative, and subcontractors.
• Determine sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly and erection. Plan work ahead and assure that resources are available for next day and next week’s work. Prioritize, schedule and communicate plans and tasks to crew members and Superintendent.
• Assigns workers to tasks, explain the work and supervise the execution of the work. Monitor work performance and productivity of crew members making sure compliance of specifications, procedures, and safety requirements for the client have been achieved.
• Inspects work performed by staff and subcontractors to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Advise superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
• Direct oversight responsibility of time sheets for labor and equipment, as well as daily reports complete with quantities worked
• Review, maintain, and monitor crew’s productivity and goals daily
• Serve as single point of contact with customers, inspectors, subcontractors and vendors performing work in the field.
• Pre-survey job location and ensure locates have been performed.
• Train new workers in the use of equipment and tools and in safety.
• Secure work site at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and additional specialized training equal to a master craft designation.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Foreman working on roadway and or related construction with utility experience
• Valid driver’s license
• OSHA 10 certified
• Safety Certifications
• DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with strong verbal communication skills
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 211th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”