[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 527414
Posted By: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted On: 2019-07-17 08:33:06
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: IT Director
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Earn up to $750.00 in a Signing Bonus.
The Information Technology Director (IT Director) is responsible for the management, strategy and execution of all Information Technology (IT) functions for The Middlesex Corporation and related entities (collectively, the Company), in alignment with corporate goals. The IT Director directly manages a team of IT personnel, the Company’s IT operations, and oversees implementation of new IT systems and policies. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background, ability to manage and motivate people, and experience in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that meet business objectives.
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Vice President & General Counsel
Status: Full-Time, Salary
• Develop IT policies and procedures on a basis for ensuring consistency in standards and leveraging of common systems while supporting business goals set by senior management
• Establish and measure IT performance relative to cost, value creation, and Team Member satisfaction in the key areas of systems, telecommunications, network management, and support
• Oversee and promote continuous improvement of all IT operations through measurement of performance against industry norms, KPIs, established goals and metrics
• Ensure availability of necessary applications and systems to support business and operational needs
• Direct efficient and cost-effective delivery of Company IT systems.
• Lead, develop, and implement IT initiatives that enable the Company to compete more vigorously and more profitably in a demanding marketplace
• Translates Company vision into IT systems and procedures, communicates and promotes dynamic IT strategic vision to all Company stakeholders.
• Translate business needs into system solutions making maximum use of available tools while ensuring longer term supportability of the architecture and cost-effectiveness of the solution
• Prepare financial budgets, cost-benefit analysis, and return on investment reports, and present proposals for capital projects to senior management
• Manage, motivate, and develop all staff within the IT group. Ensure the organizational structure is appropriate for supporting Middlesex’s current and future business needs. Recruit appropriate talent.
• Ensure the IT infrastructure is successfully exploited to achieve continuous improvement and competitive advantage by identifying needs and, developing and providing appropriate training and support for all Team Members
• Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
• Collaborate with senior management and other stakeholders on strategic goals and objectives
• Handle sensitive and confidential information with tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
• Keep up to date with the most recent security risk, technological, legal, and regulatory developments, advise on how those developments effect enterprise systems, and prepare recommendations to mitigate any effects
• Develop and manage a strategic enterprise IT Roadmap that will outline benefit, cost, and timelines for IT initiatives, upgrades, system updates, etc., ensuring that IT capabilities continually support the overall business’s goals and objectives
• BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MS/MA preferred
• Proven experience as IT Director, or similar role
• Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
• Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, etc., including Cloud concepts (e.g., Paas, Saas, Iaas)
• Experience in managing information technology budget
• Proven experience in service and application delivery
• Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to Company operations
• Familiarity with construction industry specific technologies, systems, and concepts a plus
• Must have exceptional communication skills both in written and verbal form
• Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Attention to detail and follow-through a must
• Dedicated and hard working
• Ability to prioritize and execute in high-pressure environments while making sound business decisions
• Ability to translate IT in a user-friendly language
• Strong customer service orientation
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 211th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
10 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.