CONSTRUCTION MANAGER â TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE (323894)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Construction Manager will be assigned to the Hookset, NH Capital Projects office to coordinate on a variety of complex 115kV and 345kV transmission line maintenance and upgraded projects in northern NH. Will be responsible for assistance with providing detailed job descriptions, before-and-after pictures, asset identification, and records for each individual line maintenance job. The job classification for this position is a combination of Project Manager and Engineering backgrounds. The minimum skills required for this position will include:
- Familiarity with Transmission line assets and equipment
- Ability to properly photograph assets for documentation
- Ability to walk and ride (vehicle and ATV) in a ROW, and fly in a helicopter
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with using GIS Systems
This position represents the organization in resolving important cross-functional questions and in planning and coordinating work across departments. Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Requires a working knowledge of labor contracts. Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Work with the client from the start of project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee details like permit submission and design evaluations. Coordinate completion of permitting process.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
- Prepares and submits project estimates to client
- Collaborates with engineering and construction crew to ensure feasibility of project
- Performs constructability reviews of engineering and maintenance related upgrades
- Manages the construction budget and tracks construction progress in accordance with schedule, risk management, and cost. Processes change orders during construction and ensures cost is adhered to.
- Keeps superiors informed of the status of projects and controls expenditures within budget limitations.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective monthly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employees feedback and seeks to resolve quality variations.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and construction subcontractors
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent expeience
- 7+ years' experience in construction or upgrades of transmission lines and substations
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large maintenance and construction projects
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Strong verbal and report writing skills
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be insurable. Will be provided a vehicle and gas card.
- Will be subject to successful Background Investigation and Drug Screening prior to start on the job.
- Requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Green Card
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.