CONSTRUCTION MANAGER â TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE (323894)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Construction Manager will be assigned to the Hookset, NH Capital Projects office to coordinate on a variety of complex 115kV and 345kV transmission line maintenance and upgraded projects in northern NH. Will be responsible for assistance with providing detailed job descriptions, before-and-after pictures, asset identification, and records for each individual line maintenance job. The job classification for this position is a combination of Project Manager and Engineering backgrounds. The minimum skills required for this position will include:
- Familiarity with Transmission line assets and equipment
- Ability to properly photograph assets for documentation
- Ability to walk and ride (vehicle and ATV) in a ROW, and fly in a helicopter
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with using GIS Systems
This position represents the organization in resolving important cross-functional questions and in planning and coordinating work across departments. Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Requires a working knowledge of labor contracts. Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Work with the client from the start of project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee details like permit submission and design evaluations. Coordinate completion of permitting process.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
- Prepares and submits project estimates to client
- Collaborates with engineering and construction crew to ensure feasibility of project
- Performs constructability reviews of engineering and maintenance related upgrades
- Manages the construction budget and tracks construction progress in accordance with schedule, risk management, and cost. Processes change orders during construction and ensures cost is adhered to.
- Keeps superiors informed of the status of projects and controls expenditures within budget limitations.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective monthly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employees feedback and seeks to resolve quality variations.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and construction subcontractors
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent expeience
- 7+ years' experience in construction or upgrades of transmission lines and substations
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large maintenance and construction projects
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Strong verbal and report writing skills
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be insurable. Will be provided a vehicle and gas card.
- Will be subject to successful Background Investigation and Drug Screening prior to start on the job.
- Requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Green Card
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.