[Safety Specialist] Safety Professionals for USACE project throughout the US
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Join our team of Traveling Safety Professionals!
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our on-site safety services, premium training and professional consulting services. We are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today – so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow.
HazTek was recognized in 2016, 2017 and 2018 by Inc. Magazine as one of America’s Top 5000 Fastest Growing Companies. HazTek is honored to have been selected by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey’s Top 250 privately held companies in 2018.
Please go to www.haztekinc.com to learn more about the Company.
Road Warrior Safety Professionals for USACE project throughout the US
Positions include, hourly rate, overtime rate, travel, lodging and per diem
The key functions of the Safety Professional are to support our client's dredging project(s) needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
• Oversee all aspects of a dredging project ensuring OSHA and USACE compliance
• Conduct daily safety meetings
• Complete accident reports and conduct accident investigations
• Ensure all personnel wear their personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Daily safety audits and inspections
• Minimum 3+ consecutive years of safety experience required
• OSHA 30 hour construction WALLET card required
• First Aid/CPR certified required - on-line courses are not acceptable
• Must provide proof of 8 completed hours of safety training every year for the last 3 years. Your first Aid/CPR and OSHA 30 trainings DO NOT count toward the 3 years of safety training.
• Previous dredging experience preferred but not necessary
• Previous USACE experience highly preferred
• Must be comfortable being on a barge for long periods of time
• Must be able to travel for 3-4 weeks at a time off 1-2 weeks
• Must be able to work 7 days per week / 12 hours per day = 84 hour per week
These positions pay an hourly rate, over-time after 40 hours per week, travel, lodging, rental car & per diem for food and incidentals.
Company sponsored Medical and Dental, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability for employee after 60 days of employment.
“Our mission is to enrich the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, our customers, and our communities.”
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.