[Electrical Designer] Electrical Designer II Contract To Hire - MUST be Local to Raleigh, NC
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Per Se Group is seeking an Electrical Designer. This electrical designer will provide CAD and technical electrical design assistance as needed to project teams. You will work with minimal direct supervision from Lead Coordinator or Project Engineer to analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete new designs.
• Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Working knowledge of industrial power distribution, grounding, lightning protection, lighting and receptacle layouts
• Attend each monthly engineering staff meeting.
• The Electrical Designer II will be a team player, will maintain a cordial and cooperative attitude in the department and in the company and perform all other related work, as assigned or as required.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will have journeyman electrical contracting experience with extensive knowledge of the National Electrical Code, knowledge and hands-on experience with heavy industrial electrical installation means and methods and will be looking for an opportunity to move from the field into an office role. Senior electrical designers with this type of installation experience or an intimate knowledge thereof are welcome to apply. Related educational training is a plus.
• Strong organizational and computer skills including google Chrome, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Strong computer aided drafting (CAD) skills
• Able to read vendor electrical drawings accurately and thoroughly.
• Able to recognize design interference and potential layout problems.
• Able to fully check drawings.
• Must have the ability to effectively interact with various levels of management within the organization.
• Must have the ability to effectively interact with clients and vendors.