[QA/QC Manager] Long term Overseas employment opportunities
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Kwajalein Atoll located in the Marshall Islands
Start date: ASAP
Duration 1-year contract with possible extension
Rotation 4 months on and 2 weeks off.
Tax free status after 330 days
Bonuses/Company pays for housing and food.
50hr + work weeks.
Current US Passport preferred.
OSHA 10 or basic plus preferred
Overseas Quality Control Manager
Reports to: Project Manager. The Quality Control Manager will also report to corporate quality control representative for compliance with corporate policies and procedures and may report to the project Contracting Officer as specified in the government contract. Perform all work in a safe and professional manner and will possess a CQM certificate that is current.
The QC Manager plans, directs and coordinates all on-site Quality Control (QC) activities to ensure compliance with applicable company, owner, and government regulations and requirements. The QC Manager is responsible for implementing the QC Plan in its entirety and making appropriate and necessary changes to the plan throughout the project duration. Supports production personnel to ensure quality services. Develop, lead and maintain a team quality control working environment. Establish and maintain good working relationships with Government Inspectors/Contacts (CORs), QC Inspectors, Delivery Order Managers, Superintendents, Owner, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
1. Implements and enforces the Quality Control Plan.
2. Ensure daily site inspections are performed and directs all quality control personnel.
3. Attends the partnering meetings, QC Plan Meetings, Coordination and Mutual Understanding Meeting, conducts the QC meetings.
4. Manages and coordinates the (3) three phases of control and documentation performed by the QC Specialists, testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel required by the Contract.
5. Performs submittal review and approval, ensures testing is performed and provides QC certifications and documentation as required in the Contract.
6. Prepares or verifies development of preparatory phase checklist to be reviewed with all production personnel prior to each phase of construction.
7. Responsible for maintaining SJC project documentation required as related to Contract Manager QC procedures.
8. Responsible for upkeep of Government required QC programs, i.e. QCS, WebCM, etc.
9. Verifies development and maintenance of a submittal register for each project.
10. Primary point of contact for contractor Quality Control responsibilities and obligations.
11. Reviews and submits all submittal data to the Government.
12. Reviews and verifies submission of Daily Reports to the Government.
13. Documents all non-conforming work and corrective action to be taken.
14. Verifies correction of non-conforming work.
15. Disseminates Quality Control Plan, issues and objectives to all production personnel.
16. Verifies that required inspection and reporting is performed.
17. Responsible for submitting Requests for Information (RFI) and disseminating responses received.
18. Acts as the main point of contact for receiving and disseminating contract modifications.
19. Ensures as-built drawings are maintained.
20. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers and managers.
21. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience preferences include:
• 4-year degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or Building Science;
• minimum 10 years’ experience as a QC Manager, Project Engineer,
• USACE experience.
• CQM Certificate required
Workers should be able to: Rate information using personal judgment of standards that can be measured or checked; Work within precise limits or standard of accuracy; Perform a variety of duties which may change often; Use reason and logic; Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately; See detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings; and picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects. Physically, workers must be able to: Work easily and skillfully with hands; Climb and maintain balance on scaffold and ladder. See well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors; Reach for, handle, and manipulate objects and hand tools; Bend, crouch and work in small places; and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
This job description does not: (1) alter any employee’s at-will employment relationship with San Juan Construction, Inc.; (2) give rise to contractual rights; or (3) give rise to an enforceable commitment. San Juan Construction, Inc. reserves the right to alter or amend this job description at any time and without prior notice to its employees.
“San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.