Reliability Engineer (324709)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a proven Reliability Engineer to minimize downtime on a fleet of power generation facilities. Drive improvement within maintenance culture and processes. Must be experienced working in an Industrial setting (Chemical, Industrial Gas, Power Plants, or Energy from Waste) and ability to read P&ID, engineering drawings, and engineering standards.
The Reliability Engineer (RE) is a new role created with a goal to improve the preventative maintenance program and be an agent of change. You will get an opportunity to work closely with the facility operations teams. We are looking for someone with an aspiration to learn quickly and grow with the role. The role can be based at or near plants in MA, CT or Long Island. Working under the direction of the Director of Reliability, you will have responsibility of identifying, managing, and solving asset reliability problems that adversely affect Facility or Business performance. A key role of the RE is to take ownership of the Preventive and Predictive Maintenance (PPM) program and through this leadership position facilitate required Condition Based Maintenance activities. This role includes development of Standard Maintenance Procedures and CMMS oversight. The RE must have proven reliability & maintenance experience, be a good team player, and an effective communicator. The ability to troubleshoot machinery problems and provide practical solutions will be beneficial to success in this role. A requirement of the role is to hold or achieve Vibration Level 2 Certification (within 12 months of hire date). Key Deliverables Maximize Uptime One of the fundamental roles of the RE is to track asset condition in the Region, identify performance issues, and communicate/facilitate actions in the field. It is key that the RE partner with the Facilities based O&M teams to prioritize actions and ensure timely resolution of identified issues. This scope includes identification and full utilization of spare parts. Risk Identification and Mitigation Tools And Methods To Be Used By The RE Include The RE is to identify and aid Facility based O&M teams in mitigating / resolve production risks in alignment with Client's strategic objectives is Safety, Environmental Compliance, and Achieving Production results.
• Simplified Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
• Root Cause Analysis
• Vibration Analysis
• Lubrication & other NDE methods
Regional CMMS Champion Included in the role of the RE is ownership of the PPM program for the Region. With this responsibility the RE must become knowledgeable and fully functional using Client CMMS. With these skills the RE will work directly with Facility resources to update and improve PPM jobs. Capital Projects Client utilizes Capital Projects to replace and improve Facility production assets. The RE plays an important role in supporting projects through equipment selection and technical analysis. The goal for the RE is to ensure installed assets meet production needs, so frequently the RE will be engaged in design, field execution, and commissioning of new installations. Historical equipment performance, lowest cost of ownership, and full utilization of spare parts inventory are methods that RRE should be knowledgeable and be able to apply. Continuous Improvement (CI) Continuous Improvement is a key aspect of Client's operational philosophy, the expectation is that the RE will participate and lead CI teams (when assigned). Lean and Six Sigma methodology will be utilized by the RRE to implement these type projects. A Black Belt Champion will be assigned to support the project and provide training.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical support to Operations, Maintenance, and Technical personnel.
• RE will actively lead simplified RCM programs and support Facilities with PPM optimization.
• Applies Continuous improvement philosophy to improve safety and environmental conditions in the workplace, eliminate redundant work practices, and identify areas for energy savings.
• Perform PPM audits and statistical analysis of maintenance, machinery, and operations to identify and address reliability issues.
• Complete assigned projects as required.
• Actively engaged in the installation, commissioning, and start-up of Facility rotating assets. This includes gathering start up vibration data and machinery temperatures and pressures.
• Lead Root Cause Analysis in Region and travel to other Regions to lead RCA as assigned.
• Be a technical resource to Facility personnel for machinery questions and troubleshooting. Includes but not limited to vibration analysis/interpretation; bearing replacements technical support, shaft alignment, repair recommendations, and oil analysis reviews.
• Applies Replace versus Repair Value analysis as part of machinery evaluation.
• Provides input to Risk Management studies so to determine Production and Facility Risk
• Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors, and refines an asset based maintenance plan that includes:
• Value-added maintenance tasks
• Effective Utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies to identify inherent reliability problems.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent. Maritime, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in facility or plant environment. Ideally in a plant, maintenance or reliability engineering role
• Experienced working in Industrial setting (Chemical, Industrial Gas, Power Plants, or Energy from Waste) and can read P&ID, engineering drawings, and engineering standards
• Basic understanding of rotating equipment and proper maintenance techniques required
• Vibration Level 2 Certified (or the ability to pass the exam within 12 months) is required
• Certified by Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (CMRP), preferred
• Experienced in Root Cause Analysis methodologies and application
• Knowledgeable in Data analysis techniques such as:
• Statistical Process Control
• Fault tree
• Six Sigma (DMAIC)
Trained or experience with:
• Detail work/job planning
• Inventory - critical inventory
• Strong report writing (documentation) skills
• Motivated, self-starter with a desire to improve Production Reliability
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company
• Flexible to travel throughout Region Physical Demands
• Able to work in an operating facility wearing OSHA required PPE (as required).
• Able to climb steps and ladders
• Able to travel to Facilities by airplane, train, or car.
• Travel 40% to 60% depending on plant priorities
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.