[Pipefitter] PipeFitter - Houston, TX (no perdiem)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 6 Months
Schedule: 5AM-5PM- 5:30pm and 5PM - 5AM (DAY AND NIGHT SHIFT) CANDIDATE MUST BE OPEN AND AVAILABLE TO WORK BOTH SHIFTS.
• the candidates have to provide their own tools and steel toed boots;
• candidates will be tested during the interview that day or shortly after with bending pipes;
• Pull, push, or pry steel components into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
• Force components in to final position, using crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
• Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of components using cutting torch.
• Cut steel components to make alterations using cutting torch.
• May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts using cutting torch and tools.
• Lay out, fabricate, assemble and install piping and piping systems. - Plan and coordinate daily work with limited supervision.
• Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to follow leads direction with little supervision.
• Plan layout and installation in accordance with instruction or work requirement schematics.
• Work at elevated heights - Operate man lift, scissor lift, and overhead crane.
• Understand common practices for instrument fitter.
Qualifications - External - High School Diploma or equivalent:
• 3-5 years of experience