[Pipefitter] PipeFitter - Houston, TX (no perdiem)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 6 Months
Schedule: 5AM-5PM- 5:30pm and 5PM - 5AM (DAY AND NIGHT SHIFT) CANDIDATE MUST BE OPEN AND AVAILABLE TO WORK BOTH SHIFTS.
• the candidates have to provide their own tools and steel toed boots;
• candidates will be tested during the interview that day or shortly after with bending pipes;
• Pull, push, or pry steel components into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
• Force components in to final position, using crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
• Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of components using cutting torch.
• Cut steel components to make alterations using cutting torch.
• May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts using cutting torch and tools.
• Lay out, fabricate, assemble and install piping and piping systems. - Plan and coordinate daily work with limited supervision.
• Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to follow leads direction with little supervision.
• Plan layout and installation in accordance with instruction or work requirement schematics.
• Work at elevated heights - Operate man lift, scissor lift, and overhead crane.
• Understand common practices for instrument fitter.
Qualifications - External - High School Diploma or equivalent:
• 3-5 years of experience
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.