Facilities Technician (Job Nbr: 2407)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Roy Jorgensen is currently seeking a full-time Facilities Maintenance Technician in Plano, TX to provide daily completion of facility activity. This includes supervision of contractors, communication with site contacts and resolving daily issues. Performing daily inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance activities. Consistently deliver activities associated with the Statement of Work (SOW). Responsible for accurate and punctual completion of all service requests, PM's, Team Members generated and self-generated.
- Foster and develop a strong customer service-oriented culture and relationship with client and specifically customer "key" contacts and/or liaisons to ensure successful delivery of services.
- Embraces and is highly involved in a positive team atmosphere.
- Ensure that delivery of service is addressed by managing sub-contractors, partnering with onsite staff, and/or property management contacts.
- Promote company philosophy through personal example.
- Ensure consistency and continuity with the SOW document by becoming intimately familiar with daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual responsibilities.
- Complete preventative programs of the property and proactively proceed with any needed repairs/maintenance.
- Responsible for submitted work orders including conference room set ups, furniture installs, and general maintenance.
- Ensure that all PM activities that may affect the availability of the facility be scheduled and communicated to the business stakeholders. Additionally, communicate with the Facilities Manager/Facilities Coordinator regarding these activities.
- Active participant with the Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- Complete all assigned inspections/PM's and issued service requests on time and properly recorded within the CMMS system.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances as related to the daily operations of assigned facility.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors have approved and signed current sub-contract agreements on file prior to implementation of work.
- Being the back up for Facilities Coordinator in case of his/her absences.
- Other tasks assigned as needed
Experience and Skills Required:
- Requires minimum 5 yrs related experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Customer interface (communications, problem solving, work prioritization & scheduling)
- Troubleshooting skills (diagnosing problems, taking meter readings, referring to manufacturer specifications equipment guides)
- Electrical skills (changing and installing lights, electrical outlets, lights, minor electrical, and troubleshooting)
- Familiarity with UPS / Emergency Generator and Fire / Life / Safety Systems
- HVAC / CRAC Units (PM, system monitoring, knowledge and familiarization)
- Plumbing skills, (minor restroom repair of toilets, sinks, and fixtures)
- Building skills, (doors & hardware, furniture & hardware, bulletin boards, etc.)
- Painting skills, (for touch-ups and misc.)
- Computer skills, (email, scheduling, maintenance management, work order & PMs)
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability-based bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health & Dental insurance, Vision discounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V