[Structural Engineer] Long term Overseas employment opportunities
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CQC Structural Specialist
The CQC Structural Specialist plans, directs and coordinates all on-site Structural Quality Control (QC) activities to ensure compliance with applicable company, owner, and government regulations and requirements. The CQC Structural Specialist is responsible for implementing the Structural QC Plan in its entirety and making appropriate and necessary changes to the plan throughout the project duration. Supports production personnel to ensure quality services. Develop, lead and maintain a team quality control working environment. Establish and maintain good working relationships with Government Inspectors/Contacts (CORs), QC Inspectors, Delivery Order Managers, Superintendents, Owner, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
1. Implements and enforces the Structural Quality Control Plan.
2. Ensure daily site inspections are performed and directs all quality control personnel.
3. Attends the partnering meetings, QC Plan Meetings, Coordination and Mutual Understanding Meeting, conducts the QC meetings.
4. Manages and coordinates the (3) three phases of control and documentation performed by the QC Specialists, testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel required by the Contract.
5. Performs submittal review and approval, ensures testing is performed and provides QC certifications and documentation as required in the Contract.
6. Prepares or verifies development of preparatory phase checklist to be reviewed with all production personnel prior to each phase of construction.
7. Responsible for maintaining SJC project documentation required as related to Contract Manager QC procedures.
8. Responsible for upkeep of Government required QC programs, i.e. QCS, WebCM, etc.
9. Verifies development and maintenance of a submittal register for each project.
10. Primary point of contact for contractor Quality Control responsibilities and obligations.
11. Reviews and submits all submittal data to the Government.
12. Reviews and verifies submission of Daily Reports to the Government.
13. Documents all non-conforming work and corrective action to be taken.
14. Verifies correction of non-conforming work.
15. Disseminates Quality Control Plan, issues and objectives to all production personnel.
16. Verifies that required inspection and reporting is performed.
17. Responsible for submitting Requests for Information (RFI) and disseminating responses received.
18. Acts as the main point of contact for receiving and disseminating contract modifications.
19. Ensures as-built drawings are maintained.
20. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers and managers.
21. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience requirements include:
Graduate Civil Engineer with Structural track focus
Construction Manager with 2 years related experience
Person with 5 years of experience supervising structural features of work in the field
“San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.”