[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Austin Industrial is looking for Journeyman level PIPEFITTERS to work at our customer site in Franklin, Virginia.
Pay Rate: $26/hr
Per Diem: None
Relocation Funding: None
Location: Franklin, Virginia
Duration: Long Term
Schedule: 40 per week, Monday thru Friday
Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems. This is accomplished by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
• Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
• Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
• Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
• Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
• Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
• Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
• Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
• Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
• Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
• Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
• Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems.
• Turn valves to shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
• Remove and replace worn components.
• Prepare cost estimates for clients.
• Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
• Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
• Dip nonferrous piping materials in a mixture of molten tin and lead to obtain a coating that prevents erosion or galvanic and electrolytic action.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.