Project Manager (Job Nbr: 2422)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Maintenance and Operations Project Manager to supervise highway maintenance and operations in the Sh288 , Pearland/Houston area. The PM will be directly responsible for the management and execution of the operational and maintenance responsibilities of a highway network, with a focus on operational performance, work execution, technician guidance and development, and client relations. This position requires performing a variety of tasks related to maintenance and adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen Company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities: This Position Includes:
- Responsible for the daily execution of the maintenance and operational work activities
- Planning and scheduling technicians and subcontractor work tasks
- Verify workmanship
- Support project cost controls for budgetary purposes
- Fleet management
- Be responsible for managing an efficient and effective operations plan
- Be expected to communicate and serve our client and all project stakeholders to the highest level
- Have proven ability to have a planned and systematic approach to time management, project management, and problem solving
- Minimum 3 years of roadway construction or maintenance experience
- Experience with database management systems
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Skilled in establishing priorities and managing heavy workloads
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with projects using TxDOT standard specifications,
- Heavy equipment operations
- Management system knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft office products
- High School Diploma, some college courses required with College Degree preferred
- Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate a message in a clear and precise way
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage conflict resolution in a professional manner
- Strong HR skills and with genuine interest in the development and success of our employees
- Ability to work outdoors; at great heights, in confined spaces, over water and in close proximity to traffic
- Skill in establishing priorities and managing workloads
- Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
- Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
- Ability to use smart phone and applications
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
- Ability to work safely under ranging environmental and weather conditions
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds; strenuous manual labor may be required
- Ability to operate hand/power tools
- Read and understand manuals and contracts, write documents following prescribed formats
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Dependable and highly organized with business and maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and positive attitude.
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Vision Discounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V