[Crane Operator] Crane Operator/Rigger - FULL TIME, PERMANENT POSITION
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Austin Industrial is currently looking for a CRANE OPERATOR/RIGGER for our customer site in Pensacola, Florida. This is a full time, permanent position.
Pay Rate: $24.75/hr
Per Diem: None
Relocation Funding: None
Location: Pensacola, FL
Duration: Long Term
Schedule; 40 hours per week; 4-10's
Must pass background and drug screen
Summary Responsible for operating a stationary or traveling crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures load is safely attached to crane before making any lift. Erect structures, move products, equipment, or materials to and from industrial work areas by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
• NCCCO / NCCER REQUIRED
• Up to 50 ton rough terrain crane
• Able to work on other Heavy Equipment
• Operate crane under general supervision.
• Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
• Repair crane as needed.
• Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
• Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
• Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
• Lift, position and place machinery, equipment, material or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities.
• Drive trucks to work sites and unload trucks.
• Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
• Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
• Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
• Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
• Operate crane according to signals from helper.
• Start and stop crane engine.
• Follow directions carefully.
*You will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.