[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Description: Industrial Electrical Supervisor
$30/hr - $32/hr
Company Vehicle, ALL expenses paid, company phone, laptop
General Summary: Must be 100% committed to safety and high quality of work. Must have 2+ years of verifiable field electrical supervisor experience. Work will consist of demolitions, installations, repairs and alterations of electrical systems and equipment within industrial plants, automotive and commercial electrical construction industry. Working Supervisor oversees all aspects of day to day supervision of crew, planning and implementation of assigned electrical project(s). All work must be performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the company. Responsible for assisting in the achievement of electrical division’s goals and objectives while operating within company guidelines. Travel out of SC state is required for this job at times. Terms to be discussed during the interview process.
Preferred Job Skills:
Basic computer skills, current knowledge of NEC rules, organizational skills and efficiency in completing job site paperwork, direct and coordinate a work crew, communicate well, operate hand tools and equipment, accountability for work layout, responsible for safety on jobs, staging materials/tools/equipment and security of material, tools, equipment and company vehicles, ability to work with controls and PLC’s. Be flexible and willing to assist on other work trades when requested by management.
• Demolitions, installs, alterations, interconnective machine wiring and repairs of various electrical systems such as:
o Various types of process machines in industrial and automotive plants
o Conveyor systems
o Data, controls and PLC’s
o Conduit and wiring systems
o Cable trays and multi conductor cables
o Transformers, switches, sensors, relays, starters, motors, etc.
o LED lighting system
o Battery chargers
o Low and medium voltage power distribution systems
• Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and national and local codes.
• Observe functions of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Complete required paperwork (time sheets, change orders, safety reports, accident reports, etc.).
• Monitor and control the Company’s established policies
• Licenses - Current driver’s license; applicable federal, state and local licenses as required by job conditions or by the company.
• Certifications - Applicable federal, state and local certifications as required by job conditions or by the company.
• Education - High School Graduate, holder of G.E.D.
• Job requires working safely in all-weather elements depending on job location.
• Job requires employee to have required personal tools with him always and be able to lift up to 75lbs.
• Work from all types of ladders and carry up to 12’ step ladder unassisted.
• Able to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required, to include any shift if needed.
• Communicate effectively with management.
• Communicate with electricians and other trade crew members, and hold them accountable for delivering quality work, on time and within budget
• Plan, direct, and coordinate an entire activity or the activities of others.
• Read, comprehend and interpret maps, instructional manuals, specifications, work site directions, electrical blueprints and schematics.
• Analyze workload and match the customer requirements and specific needs of projects/jobs to the correct number of personnel.
• Must be hands-on, inventive, and logical; the ideal individual will be calm under pressure with a flexible and forward-looking approach.
• Computer skills with MS Office and MS Outlook or Gmail.
• Positively identify colors of wires and be able to effectively use power tools
DOT Ten Panel Drug Screen with Rapid
DOT Physical with Back Examination
Motor Vehicle Report