[Pipefitter] Piperfitter Journeyman
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Journeyman - Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and production and processing systems.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping,
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions. May operate machinery to verify repair.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Perform other duties as required.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 60% Walking 20% Sitting 20%
b. Lifting 50 lb.
Carrying 50 lb.
Pushing 70 ft-lb.
Pulling 70 ft-lb.
2. Climbing F
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)F Frequently (34-66%)C Constantly (67-100%)