[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Earn up to $750.00 in a signing bonus.
A surveyor is responsible for construction layout of structures, utilities and roadways on construction projects.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
• Operate survey equipment including total station, levels, GPS, and other equipment to perform project layout and construction staking
• Perform in depth research of various records pertaining to current survey projects; refer to parcel maps and other related materials
• Maintain accurate, orderly and legible field notes of survey work performed including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks and mathematical calculations; operate a computer and peripheral equipment including a plotter to compile survey notes and create drawings
• Undertake detailed preliminary, topographic, construction, property, and other engineering surveys
• Work with a variety of City, County, and State Departments and outside contractors on survey projects
• Makes simple arithmetic calculations, (i.e. percentages. ratio, averages), performs inspections of materials, instruments, equipment or items to be tested for flaws or defects, observes obvious deviations in data and checks to ascertain cause
• Associate degree
• 5 years of construction related experience
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
• Strong commitment to success of all
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
• Show quality in everything you do
• Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”