Assistant Manager - Purchasing
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Earn up to $750.00 in a signing bonus.
The Assistant Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall procurement of materials, equipment, subcontracts, and temporary facilities required for The Middlesex Corporation construction projects and inventory, including negotiation of price, delivery, and credit terms.
• Maintain status updates for all projects to ensure the timely acquisition of materials and/or services
• Review contract plans and specifications for contractual and technical accuracy prior to requesting proposals
• Meet with Project Management teams to ensure timely purchase of materials and award of subcontracts in order to meet the requirements of the project schedule
• Coordinate award of purchase orders and subcontracts with the Estimating and Project Management teams
• Assure that purchase orders and subcontracts are drafted properly and that they are complete
• Maintain Buyout Summaries to properly track purchasing on each project
• Evaluate all vendors and subcontractors for financial and performance ratings
• Interview sales representatives and potential subcontractors to broaden supply sources
• Act as a liaison with Vendors, Subcontractors, and the Accounts Payable Department
• Construction experience required, Field or Estimating experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and other graphics programs)
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to interface with field management teams
• Self-starter with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong negotiating skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong commitment to success of all
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
• Show quality in everything you do
• Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”