Traffic Management Center Operator Part - Time (Job Nbr: 2441)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking part-time Traffic Management Center (TMC) Operators in the Houston, Texas area, to monitor the SH288 corridor in the southwest region of Houston. This position is based at the Transtar building and requires performing a variety of tasks related to monitoring the roadway for incidents, verifying functionality of ITS devices including CCTV cameras, Dynamic Message Signs, using Lonestar, and RIM software to maintain an accurate real-time traffic incident status database and adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen Company policies and procedures.
o Manage traffic incident information in accordance with the applicable standard operating guidelines
o Disseminate pertinent traffic incident information via Dynamic Message Signs, Highway Advisory Radio, Text Messages and telephone communication etc.
o Obtain and report traffic incident status information to and from multiple agencies
o Detailed documentation and reporting of incidents
o Notify supervisor of equipment or system malfunctions
o Provide outstanding customer service when responding to customer calls
- Associates (AA/AS) degree preferred and three years of experience; or three years-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required in lieu of degree
- Ability to utilize integrated software along with radio, voice, data or video communications
- Ability to obtain and disseminate relevant information from a variety of resources including CCTV, scanners, field personnel, internet, two-way radio and customers
- Ability to read and interpret technical information
- Willing and able to work extended hours, weekends and holidays
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize duties and complete required tasks promptly
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work well with various personality types
- Advanced skill with Windows operating system, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to type 40 wpm with accuracy
- Strong communication skills including diction, grammar and spelling
- Ability to work independently
- Willing and able to provide pleasant customer service experience
- Must be organized, responsible and timely
- Ability to multitask
- Strong directional sense
- Consistently present positive and professional image
- Support organization's goals and values
- Ability to learn new programs and adapt to a new environment quickly
Schedule: Part-time. Tuesdays and Fridays, evening shift. 16 hour work week.
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health & Dental insurance, Vision Discounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V