[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BCP Engineering is recruiting for Safety Training Instructors to support our client, Entergy, in the following locations: New Orleans, Houston, Jackson, MS, Russellville, AR. These are contract positions to start in Nov. for 12 months. Local candidates only as no per diem is available. Job description as below. If you are available and interested, please contact us ASAP. Thank You.
• Training responsibilities include supporting Utility Operations and Jurisdictional Safety departments in fulfilling storm restoration responsibilities.
• Deliver technical skill training programs to ensure employees possess needed technical skills as well as have the right knowledge of safety, distribution business practices, policies and procedures required to perform effectively in their jobs.
• Delivery will occur in a classroom, distance learning and filed environments.
• Scope of instruction will encompass fundamental, intermediate and advance skill levels.
• Administer competence evaluations (Written and hands-on) to employees as they progress through established training programs.
• This position may be required to deliver all applicable safety compliance training inclusive of OSHA and Entergy mandated safety training.
• This position will also assist with the design, development and maintenance of new and existing training materials.
• This position will be responsible for developing training schedules, registering students to attend learning events, tracking student attendance, and administering course evaluations.
• This position is expected to carry out other duties as assigned.
• Strong safety culture to include understanding of human performance tools
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Moderate to advanced level of competence with Microsoft Office Suite of tools. (Outlook, word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technology and software tools.
• Ability to comprehend and adjust to emerging technologies.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and customers.
• Ability to work with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.