Inspection Technicians-ConEd (7002294)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
1. NEED A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE
2. Professional - position will be required to entering customers homes
3. Good communication skills - ability to speak clearly and communicate the job
4. Level of Mechanical ability - Cable Techs, HVAC, Piping, AutoMechanic type background preferred but open
5. Ability to walk, climb stairs, ladders during an 8 hour work day
* Perform periodic facility inspections and surveys on utility-owned gas meters
* Complete all necessary documentation
* Ensure readings and records are in compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
* Support the successful completion of regulatory audits and inspections
* Integrity surveys, which include direct assessments and close interval surveys
* Perform audit reviews with operations and support them during audits.
* Internal corrosion assessment and mitigation as required
* This position is primarily a field position and requires the physical capability of traversing terrain on foot when required, with occasionally carrying heavy loads of up to 30lbs in a field environment with the ability to conduct inspections in all terrains and weather.
* Absorb, adapt and execute additional responsibilities commensurate to the position as requested by supervisor or required by other management decisions
* The successful candidate is expected to attend training courses o stay current on integrity evaluation methods and technology and actively participate in the continuing development and improvement of the corrosion program.
Report to the Job Site (Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County) - Either Driving their own Vehicle or Public Transportation. The Technician will get a list of addresses for the day. They will be expected to be self sufficient throughout the day.
Typically will start with a Morning Meeting with Field Management/ Supervisr - give a Safety Talk, give people assignments, possibly an afternoon meeting up, throughout the day
Equipment Provided by PPS: Simple Tool Set - Flashlight, Gas Detector, Field Binder for Paperwork, hand held tablet. FR Shirts, Pants, Safety Vest, Hard Hat provided as well.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.