[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Water/Waste Water Project Manager
Williams Industrial Services
Provide comprehensive area management direction and performance for central Florida Water Wastewater construction. Must have knowledge of central Florida W/WW industry. Must have a good understanding of the central Florida labor landscape and potentially draw from a known pool of craft resources. Ensure safety and quality objectives are met for the work in accordance with company policies. Meet regional revenue/overhead goals. Develop and monitor the project schedules, projects, procedures and business plan. Supervise and monitor employee activities; including, but not limited to, training, performance, recognition, and coordination of assigned work scope activities with owner.
Project Manager Scope can vary depending on the size and scale of the site to which he/she is assigned. Project Manager flexibi lity is required to maintain an agile and responsive work force depending upon client site demands. Projectís range in size from $1MM to $20MM
* Supervise and monitor employees and vendor activities, training, performance, recognition and discipline; make decisions on routine supervisory issues; keep management informed of work scope issues; organize, plan, control and execute goals and objectives as directed by management. Coordinate project activities with owner organizations, outside vendors, contractors and other client departments.
* Make contacts and develop business relations with customer, subcontractors, vendors and industry associations.
* Interface with client representatives, subcontractors, etc.
* Implement Project Management Methodology to measure and report on contract issues, crew productivity versus estimate and budget, schedule and quality compliance, management of job progress for lump sum, hour or unit price work. This includes determining, identifying and correcting problem areas on loss or low profit jobs.
* Ensure projects are executed efficiently, effectively and safely. Planned and implemented in accordance with project plan, site/fleet procedures, policies and work instructions.
* Establish and enforce expectations related to safety, procedure compliance, corrective actions and appropriate work behaviors for employees, vendors and project/site contractor staff; investigate potential safety or human performance concerns and implement corrective measures.
* Coordinate project craft resources with other vendors/departments to ensure resource availability and appropriate oversight.
* Represent company professionally in project meetings, strategy meetings, etc.
* Manage financial aspects of contracts (payment from client, cash flow, rental equipment, income and expenses, etc.) to protect companyís interest and simultaneously maintain and develop good relationship with customer.
* Business development of Central Florida area working with municipalities, engineers and equipment vendors to create and track future opportunities.
Oversees first to mid-level supervisors/managers depending on the size and scope of the work.
* Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Project, P6 and database applications
* Make decisions and recommendations which may significantly impact corporate relationship with customer and project performance.
* Strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
* Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish project goals and expectations.
* Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
* Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
* May work in an office environment and/or on the project site
* Ability to travel to job sites
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
* Ability to type on a keyboard
* Ability to converse over a telephone
Bachelorís degree in Engineering or Construction Management required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.