[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICAL FIELD ENGINEER
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide construction engineering services in support of fabrication, installation, modification, and testing of various electrical systems/commodities performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
• Performing walk downs and constructability reviews of proposed installation/modification design.
• Performing material take off for installations/modifications.
• Procurement of construction field material for installations/modifications.
• Developing work instructions and work plans for installations/modifications.
• Performing job hazards analysis for installations/modifications.
• Providing oversight and inspection of field installation/modification activities.
• Performing post installation/modification evaluation to ensure completed work meets applicable design, specifications, codes and standards.
• Developing as built drawings of piping systems.
• Providing support of post installation/modification testing activities.
The successful candidate will be required to facilitate resolution of installation, schedule and technical issues which will require significant interface with multiple organizations including Construction Mgt., Subcontract Mgt., Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Operating Facility Systems Engineering, and Operating Facility Mgt. Resolving these issues will often require the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to determine the appropriate path forward after the various possibilities have been considered.
Candidate must meet at least one of the following:
1. Technical Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of related experience.
2. Technical Associate's degree and greater than 7 years of related experience.
3. A high school diploma and at least 10 years of related experience.
Candidate must possess all of the following experience and/or skills:
1. Experience with electrical system installation/modification designed and constructed in accordance with national piping codes and standards including NFPA and NEC.
2. Ability to develop installation/modification work instructions and work plans.
3. Ability to perform job hazard analysis for construction activities.
Previous experience performing work planning, job hazards analysis, material procurement, or piping system installation and testing utilizing SRNS specific processes, programs, procedures and systems is preferred.
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch
Area Security Access
• A security clearance is not initially required; however, candidate must be capable of obtaining an L clearance if required to perform assigned duties.
• US Citizenship Required: Yes
• Candidates must possess a valid driver's license for daily utilization of government vehicles.
• Candidates must pass a fitness for duty exam example, Alcohol and drug screening,
• Candidate must qualify as a radiological worker and enter contaminated areas wearing the appropriate protective clothing example, full and half face respirator, plastic hood / plastic suit.
• Candidate must be physically fit, able to withstand an outdoor environment and perform walk downs that may include climbing
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.