[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Water Resources Engineer
Sirius Technical Services is seeking a Water Resources Engineer for a Direct Hire position in the Jackson, MS area.
The successful candidate will provide direct technical support to local governments and work on a variety of projects including implementation of the City of Jackson Wastewater Consent Decree tracking changes in federal, state and local regulations that impact local government’s drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater utilities; developing and implementing regional programs to address regulatory and permit requirements related to these utilities.
• Knowledge in design regulations, operations and management challenges of public drinking water, wastewater and stormwater utilities
• Developing assessment methodologies including GIS analysis; collecting and analyzing complex data; and preparing comprehensive regulatory technical reports on water resources planning and management matters (e.g., Groundwater Permit Viewer, Rate Structure Report).
• Providing leadership and technical assistance on water resources planning and execution and related regulatory matters to local, state and other public agency officials.
Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate:
• Familiarity with the structure and responsibilities of public utilities, public works, and planning departments in local governments.
• Ability to prepare and present technical reports and communicate complex ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to organize and manage data collected and interpret data required by permit or Consent Decree.
• Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well-defined practical problems.
• Proficiency with ArcGIS including map development skills and familiarity with spatial analysis and other analytical extensions. Ideal candidate would be comfortable with ArcHydro.
• Experience with water and wastewater treatment plant design, hydraulic modeling, and design of pumping systems.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering program from an accredited college or university.
• Ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of relevant design and operations experience.
• Experience in local government, is highly desirable.
• Cost estimating experience, permitting and construction exposure is a plus.
• Professional Registration as a Professional Engineer desired or must be obtained within one year of employment.
• Certification as a Class IV Wastewater Operator is highly desirable but other Operator classifications will be considered.
• Familiarity with CityWorks is highly desirable.
• Professional Engineer (Preferred)
• Class IV Wastewater Operator (Preferred)
Interested candidate should send resumes to Hannah Quinn for further consideration: Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.