[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Austin Industrial is seeking a journeyman level Industrial Insulator to work full time at our customer site in Franklin, Virginia.
Pay Rate: $24/hr
Per Diem: None
Relocation Funding: None
Duration: Long Term (Full Time Permanent Position)
Location: Oglethorpe, GA
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Must pass background check and drug screen
• Journeyman level industrial insulator experience (minimum of 3 years).
• Reads and interprets blue prints, instructions, and other documentation.
• Apply insulation supports, insulating materials and surface claddings and coatings to pipes, vessels, tanks, ductwork, and associated equipment or other mechanical systems.
• Install insulation on steam, hot and chill water piping, refrigeration lines, and air conditioning ducts.
• Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage
• Anchor insulation with spot-welded pins, tie wires, metal bands, screws, and other fasteners.
• Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
• Remove or seal off old insulation, following safety procedures.
• Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
• Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use.
• Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
• Apply, remove, and repair insulation, thermal and fire, on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, pipework and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
• Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, and tools of the insulating trade.
• Skill in the use of standard tools and equipment of the insulating trade.
• Physically fit to work from ladders and scaffolds.
• Ability to work from oral and written instructions, sketches, and diagrams.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.