[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
TradeForce Staffing Solutions is currently looking for skilled Solar Installers who are interested in working a 6-8 week long solar project in Centerville, Maryland with the opportunity for additional work after project completion.
*****We are offering lodging and per diem for those who are not local to the area.*****
Project Start Date: Monday 3/9/20
Solar Installers are integral members of our installation crews who work in a team environment installing solar arrays on commercial and residential locations. Installers and their teams ensure accurate and timely solar installations, update Managers on project and specifics, and utilize best installation and safety practices.
• Work with crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures.
• Read & comprehend building plans for roof, carport, & ground mounted arrays.
• Assemble the solar array racking, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative mounting equipment etc.
• Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues.
• Communicate with install team in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and concerns to the best of your ability.
• Electrical Work: Properly crimp MC4 ends, install home runs, bend EMT, inverter stringing, low voltage (Cat5) installation, DC Combiner box wiring, wire management etc.
• General Construction work: using hand tools, measuring, leveling, assembling etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Educational, professional and/or other requirements:
• Previous solar installation and electrical experienced preferred
• General construction knowledge to include: roofing, electrical, and carpentry skills. General ladder & scaffolding experience.
• Experience with electrical work involving up to 600 VDC and 480 VAC.
• A working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), Uniform Building Code (UBC), local & utility jurisdiction requirements.
• Experience complying with OHSA safety requirements and regulations.
• Professional appearance and excellent customer service.
• Great attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 60 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Working conditions require being exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
• $24.00 - $30.00 an hour based on experience.
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this position, please e-mail an updated resume or contact Emily Garcia directly at 503-488-9492.