[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Project Controls/Scheduling Engineer
We are seeking Project Controls Specialists (PCS) for our Clients throughout the southeastern US for heavy utility/industrial/commercial projects. As a member of the project team comprised of Project Managers, Engineers, Superintendents, Quality, Safety, Security, and Commissioning personnel, the PCS is responsible for performing all project controls tasks required for the construction of a large, multi-building compound. Project controls responsibilities include project scheduling, invoicing, and change control tasks. Typical projects are $25 - $250M in value and involve a commitment of 1-3 years.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering preferred. Project controls experience on at least two previous projects of comparable scope and of a value no less than half of the proposed assignment. Prior international, major utility, and Government contracting experience preferred. Current clearance, or the ability to obtain, minimum secret security clearance for government and utility projects.
• Review the plans and specifications to become knowledgeable of project scope.
• Review contract sections to become knowledgeable of project controls-related requirements.
• Develop the project schedule in coordination with project team and subcontractors; collect data for schedule logic, activity durations, cost and labor resource requirements.
• Monitor and record performance of on-site construction activities to produce monthly schedule reports. Engage with Superintendents, Quality Control and field staff to ensure accuracy of recorded progress.
• Monitor and record performance of off-site preconstruction and procurement activities to produce monthly schedule reports. Access internal reports, ProjNet software, and engage with procurement personnel to ensure accuracy of recorded progress.
• Prepare weekly updates and monthly schedule reports in accordance with the specifications. Ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner.
• Review the schedule and identify any adjustments in scope, activities, or logic necessary to reflect the current and planned performance of work. Discuss potential schedule revisions with the project team. Document proposed revisions for submission to the Client.
• Prepare monthly invoices in conjunction with schedule reports. Ensure invoices are prepared in a timely manner. Engage with project team and procurement personnel to ensure Stored Material and tax-reimbursable costs are accounted for and invoiced properly.
• Track all potential changes identified by the project team or issued by the Client. Coordinate with the project team to document and preserve all correspondence and records related to potential changes.
• Produce schedule “fragnets” and time impact analyses (TIA) for the purposes of demonstrating schedule delays.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Manager’s direction.