[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Currently a trucking company is in need for a Diesel Mechanics who is familiar with different types of trucks.
Location Portage, MI
Salary $22.00 to $24.00 an hour
Full benefits package
If you are skilled with your hands and passionate about getting the job done right, you will be an excellent fit as a truck Diesel Mechanic at our local shop that prides itself on outstanding customer service and accurate, hard work. We are looking for the right candidate who will help us achieve our goal of company growth. As a member of our team, you will get to interact with customers to figure out what they need, put your mechanical skills to use and repair many different types of trucks. This is an exceptional position for someone with a positive attitude, excellent technical skills and the desire to succeed.
The Diesel mechanic will inspect and repair various types of trucks and diagnose issues in order to implement the proper solutions. Diesel Mechanic will have a variety of duties, including consulting truck drivers to determine required work, identifying mechanical problems through testing and interpreting the results, and rebuilding or repairing engines, repairing and replacing mechanical and electrical parts and components.
We are in need for an individual who is detail oriented, mechanically inclined and able to serve and communicate with Drivers and management effectively.
mechanics should have the necessary physical strength to perform daily job duties, such as lifting and using heavy tools and equipment. They should also have exceptional hand-eye coordination.
• Repairing or rebuilding engines on trucks
• Perform routine maintenance on trucks, such as checking batteries and changing oil to ensure proper vehicle running
• Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively
• Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions
• Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devises such as motor analyzers, handheld computers and chassis charts to determine how to address problems
• Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be
• Replace parts, valves, bearings and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems
• Measure vehicle emissions to ensure they are in the proper limits
• Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions
Job Skills & Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Licensed as a Diesel Mechanic
• Class a CDL
• Knowledge to repair or rebuild engines
• Must be able to lift heavy equipment and parts regularly
• Must be comfortable with working in awkward positions or cramped spaces
• Technical certification or degree as a Diesel Mechanic
• Experience working with diagnostic computers
• 2 years Previous experience as a diesel mechanic
Please send resume or CV to apply.