[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Carpenter is responsible for constructing or assembling concrete forming systems, according to blueprints and specifications, for forming concrete structures.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety first, in everything we do.
• Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures, scaffolding and framework using hand and power tools
• Interprets blueprints, sketches, or building plans in preparation of layout to determine dimensions and type of material required
• Must have proper knowledge on using and maintaining any type of power equipment required to fulfill job description
• Understand and comply with all Company Safety policies and procedures, such as making certain that proper safety scaffolding and other equipment is in place while performing job duties
• Secure and put away all tools, equipment, and materials at the end of each work day
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in bridge work
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
• A minimum of 3 years of assembly/disassembly of heavy form systems
• Knowledge in the use of concrete pumps, concrete placement/finishing, rebar installation a plus
• Prior rigging knowledge is a plus
• Experience with leveling tools such as laser levels and transits
• Must have proper knowledge of using and maintaining any type of power equipment required to fulfill job description and possess the appropriate tools of the trade
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”