[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking Construction Superintendents with Conveyor Experience for possible temp to permanent position. Initial projects in Jacksonville, FL or Shafter, CA.
Superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team and oversee all work on site.
Be responsible for orderliness on site and ensure compliance with safety regulations. Oversee the
receiving and manage equipment and materials deliveries, keep and communicate a complete inventory
of all equipment and materials. Manage the crews to complete projects on time and within budget
while maintain all quality standards.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
• Leading and managing the on-site construction team.
• Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
• Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
• Reviewing and becoming familiar with the schedule and budget.
• Ensuring quality standards are met.
• Placing orders for materials and being responsible for equipment and materials on site.
• Following the project schedule to ensure deadlines are met.
• Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness.
• Maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, AWOs and RFIs.
• Order and manage required rental equipment.
• Coordinating with the integrator and inspection authorities regarding inspections and
Human Resource Functions:
• Possibly interview and select workers for the site.
• Responsible for communicating site rules regarding safety procedures to all crew members and
enforcing those rules.
o Manage and document weekly toolbox safety meetings.
• Generate weekly timesheets and submit for payroll.
• 5+ years’ experience as a Superintendent.
• Self-starter with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills.
• Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications.
• Ability to coordinate with field supervision, project management and company admin. staff.
• Strong Written/Verbal Communication Skills.
• Knowledge of Construction Site Equipment Operation and Maintenance Requirements.
• Ability to work with MS Office Word and Excel.
• Ability to understand and adhere to a MS Projects schedule.
• Ability to take and upload digital photographs.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds and to operate heavy equipment.
• Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Strong Leadership Capability with Internal Drive to Mentor and Grow Internal Talent.