[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mechanical Insulators needed for 3 week job in Orlando.
84 hours a week
Pay will be $35hr and $70 a day per diem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Fabricate insulating material from fiberglass, foamglass, mineral fibers, synthetic rubber, and other products commonly used in the insulation installation trade.
• Installs insulation on steam, hot water, chill water, refrigeration lines, piping and fittings, and air-conditioning ducts.
• Covers insulation on pipes with canvas and installs vapor barriers, waterproofing products, and metal protection sheets.
• Anchors insulation with spot-welded pins, tie wires, metal bands, screws and other fasteners.
• Measures, computes, and determines the correct type insulation needed for the jobs; provides orders for materials required.
• Receives work orders and carries out insulation duties.
• Performs related work as required.
• Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
• Considerable knowledge of the standards practices, methods, materials and tools of the insulating trade.
• Ability to work from oral and written instructions, sketches and diagrams.
• Ability to maintain good relationships with personnel of other departments.
• Ability to work from ladders and scaffolds.
• Skill in the use of standard tools and equipment of the insulating trade