[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aerotek is seeking an HVAC Technician for a large company based out of Portland. This is a full-time day shift position, Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm and would be in the Bend/Redmond areas.
The HVAC Technician leads the effective, efficient, and timely delivery of maintenance services. This is a mobile position and uses trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, locksmith, and painting for a wide variety of customers in an assigned geographical territory. The HVAC Technician performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
Job duties include:
- Complete thorough Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services on all standard package and split unit HVAC systems that are common among EFO's light commercial customers including inspection and repair/replacement of belts and pulleys, inspection and cleaning of condensate drain lines, testing power/performance of compressor, fan motor, blower motor, testing function and safety of burners/heat exchangers, function of all safety and operational controls
- General repairs of steam/hot water boiler systems. Diagnose airflow and ducting repairs
- Safe, efficient, and EPA compliant use of refrigerants in support of standard package and split unit HVAC systems that are common among EFO's light commercial customers
- Safely diagnose and repair common mechanical, electrical, or system failure issues on standard boiler, package and split unit HVAC systems that are common among EFO's light commercial customers, including belts, pulleys, compressors, condensing units, circuity boards, contactors, leaks, safely un-sweating and brazing of copper components
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing
- 3+ years commercial HVAC experience
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems including plumbing and electrical systems
- Ability to use and operate handheld devices (iPad & iPhone), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Lotus Notes
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.