[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
1. Works a variable 8 to 10 hour shift, 5 to 6 days a week, with a 30 minutes lunch break and two 15 minute rest breaks. If requested, requires working overtime whenever necessary to meet schedule.
2. Performs a wide variety of tasks removing and installing insulation materials on storage tanks, vessels, and pipe lines.
3. Loads and unloads aluminum sheets and rolls weighing up to 160 pounds,
insulation materials weighing up to 50 pounds, and mastic weighing up to 160
pounds, and delivers to worksites.
4. Requires working on scaffolding and ladders to heights of 220 ft above the
ground. May climb ladders up to 80 times per shift.
5. Requires balancing mechanical forces while removing old insulation and
preparing the surface for new insulation.
6. Trims, cuts, and installs insulation and mastic materials to tanks. Fabricates and installs aluminum sheets to encase he tanks and vessels.
7. Climbs out on ladders and structures to position materials, and attach insulation, mastic, and aluminum sheets to storage vessels and tanks.
8. Inspects work to assure compliance with specifications.
FREQUENCY AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Requires performing standing tasks (40%), climbing (20%), walking (20%) and
twisting and bending (20%).
2. Work positions include kneeling, crawling, twisting and bending (30%) and
squatting (10%) with extended reach over and above feet (60%).
3. Works with hand tools weighing up to 10 pounds in positions above and below
head. Works with materials weighing up to 50 pounds, and must walk under load
for up to 100 ft several times an hour. May be required to work with materials
weighing 75 pounds.
4. Works in both inside and outside environments in all temperatures and climatic conditions.
5. Requires wearing protective clothing, gloves, hard hat, goggles, and hearing protection to perform tasks.
6. Requires the ability to wear a full respirator, pass a pulmonary function test, and special coveralls in conditions of extreme heat of 100 degrees and higher.
7. Uses chemical and cleaning solvent to maintain and repair equipment.