[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
A surveyor is responsible for construction layout of structures, utilities, and roadways on construction projects.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
• Operate survey equipment including total station, levels, GPS, and other equipment to perform project layout and construction staking
• Perform in depth research of various records pertaining to current survey projects; refer to parcel maps and other related materials
• Maintain accurate, orderly and legible field notes of survey work performed including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks and mathematical calculations; operate a computer and peripheral equipment including a plotter to compile survey notes and create drawings
• Undertake detailed preliminary, topographic, construction, property, and other engineering surveys
• Work with a variety of City, County, and State Departments and outside contractors on survey projects
• Makes simple arithmetic calculations, (i.e. percentages. ratio, averages), performs inspections of materials, instruments, equipment or items to be tested for flaws or defects, observes obvious deviations in data and checks to ascertain cause
• Associate degree
• 5 years of construction related experience
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
• Strong commitment to success of all
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
• Show quality in everything you do
• Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”