[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
We are looking for a Business Operations Analyst to evaluate our company's administrative and technology operations and make recommendations to improve efficiency and value. The Business Operations Analyst will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives by seeking out, developing, and implementing strategic and technology initiatives for improved efficiency and productivity.
To be successful as a Business Operations Analyst you should be able to develop and analyze complex data sets, identify shortcomings or opportunities, and work with management and Team Members to implement changes. From researching innovative solutions to evaluating efficiencies to building out BI reporting, our ideal candidate is a technically adept polymath and quick study who will roll up their sleeves and help the company achieve best-in-class business operations in an ever-changing digital landscape.
• Leverage knowledge of cutting-edge technologies to optimize organizational efficiency
• Work with management to determine objectives that will improve business outcomes
• Review existing systems and internal processes; collect and analyze data to identify areas for improvement
• Develop, test, and implement systems to further business objectives
• Troubleshoot and debug systems to ensure error-free functionality and end-user satisfaction
• Serve as thought leader for technical business processes, developing forward-thinking systems prototypes that promote increased efficiency and productivity on multiple levels
• Working with management, identify what information would help managers make better decisions.
• Work with databases to put the collected data into a meaningful structure and format for later analysis. This task involves considering business requirements, relationships between data, and benefits and limitations of database technologies
• Testing business processes and recommending improvements
• Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives
• Maintaining and add to a suite of business intelligence dashboards to support the enterprise
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, CS, economics, or related field
• Advanced technical skills including solid SQL skills; familiarity with Python a plus
• Experience with Power BI or similar BI tool
• Knowledge of database administration concepts a plus
• Knowledge of or experience with RPA and/or APIs a plus
• Knowledge of BA project life cycle
• Knowledge in Technology such as SharePoint, Office365, Nintex are a big plus
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
• Awareness of current standards and trends in IT and emerging technology
• Exemplary communication skills; ability to explain complex, highly technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language
• Relentless focus on data precisions and vigilance around appropriate conclusion
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking skills, and problem-solving skills
• Aptitude for math and statistics
• The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
• Excellent documentation skills
• Detailed and thorough
• Articulate and persuasive verbal and written communication and listening skills
• Demonstrates Middlesex Core Values: safety, quality, integrity, professionalism, strong work ethic, commitment
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”