[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Plan, lay-out, install, test and perform all process requirements for installation of instrumentation in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. Fabricate and install conduit, tubing, and piping including the installation of instruments and supports
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Selects type and size tube and related material according to job specification
• Installs and adjusts indicating, recording, tele-metering, and controlling instruments and test equipment, used to control and measure variables, such as pressure, flow, temperature, motion, force, and chemical composition.
• Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install primary tubing.
• Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites
• Installs associated support structures, components and tubing
• Estimate sizes, distances, quantities and materials needed to perform a work activity.
• Cuts and fixes tubing for the installation of air or process lines for instrument controls using hacksaws and pipe/tube cutters.
• Installs instruments, instrument stands and control wiring to valves and strokes valves to verify operation.
• Completes and reviews records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various cleanup activities
• Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
• Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
• Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for this position, at least 5yrs of verifiable experience.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools.
• Must supply own tools for specific craft day to day task.
• Work at heights without fear.
• Job may require moderate to heavy lifting
• Ability to read & interpret instructions, plan, document and perform work activities independently.
• Ability to read P&IDs
• Ability to read ISO's, Blueprints.
• Experience with conduit installation.
• Experience in cable terminations.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required