[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
A Pipe Layer for a Heavy Highway Contractor working in and around City and State owned roadways.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
• Must understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures
• Must be able to communicate with equipment operators
• Must be able to dig trenches to locate utilities using hand or trenching tools
• Must be able to handle, fit/cut and install drainage, sewer, water and associated appurtenances
• Must be able to fine grading trench bottoms to correct elevation, manual placement and compaction of pipe bedding
• Construction of sewer or drain manholes which includes finishing of poured in place concrete inverts
• Setting up pipe laser, layout of pipe routes following written instructions with Supervisors
• Perform incidental work items and duties of other crafts
• Must have 2-5 years Heavy/Civil Construction experience
• Ability to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
• Must be able to follow verbal instructions
• Must be able to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong commitment to success of all
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
• Show quality in everything you do
• Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”