[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Corporate Controller is responsible for supervising and coordinating the accounting and administrative activities of the Company accountants, including Contract Administration, Accounts Payable and Payroll, while providing support to other general and administrative departments, business units and construction projects to assist in their administrative financial needs.
• Evaluate financial information and analyze problems logically to develop solutions
• Work with numbers timely with the Assistant Corporate Controller, Regional Controller – SE and the Sr. VP-Finance/CFO schedules and make decisions accordingly
• Coordinate with external auditors in annual and other special audit functions.
• Coordinate with external tax compliance firm on annual tax filing functions.
• Provide financial and/or accounting input to the Estimating Department as required regarding burden analysis and other related calculations
• Participate in planning the goals and objectives, methods, and resources of the short- and long-range operations of the Company
• Recommend policies and procedures relating to financial and business practices of the Company
• Direct in-service training and development of accounting staff
• Assemble financial data to all external agencies and corporations as required to all levels of bonding, insurance, financing, and pre-qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Advanced degree a plus knowledge of generally accepted standard accounting policies and
procedures and construction principles in particular
• Experience in the construction industry is required
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills a plus
• CPA certification a plus
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”