[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI is recruiting for a Project Scheduler for an opportunity at North Anna Power Station.
- Interfaces more with the Corporate controls group and works through merging the PM schedules into metrics and reporting
- Develop, maintain multiple project schedules and produce reports using relevant software. Must utilize all resources at disposal to support required activities from schedule initiation through closeout.
- Manage the online scheduling system, including assuring the correctness of schedule logic, and proper use of all codes and structure.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager(s) ensure that all activities are properly integrated into the base schedule using critical path methodology.
- Lead and work with the respective Project Teams to establish appropriate and consistent work and task duration, and logic ties for each activity within the schedule.
- Ability to evaluate and report on existing schedules for critical paths and perform schedule optimization.
- Facilitate agreement with multiple departments on milestone dates.
- Monitor job progress in relation to the schedule and provide real time updates, identifying and communicating items of deficiency and recommending solutions.
- Perform and report on 'what if' scenarios to identify potential delays.
- Perform and report on weekly project status updates.
- Monitor Project Performance Indicators and create scheduling reports as requested.
- Supports the project team with all aspects of the project planning and scheduling.
- Independently supports integration of engineering, procurement, and construction schedules functions.
- Adhere to policies, plans, processes, interfaces, and reporting, to organize and schedule project work, taking into account time and resource constraints.
- Perform other scheduling related duties as assigned.
The Scheduler is responsible for handling the full life cycle for project scheduling and maintaining accurate and current data regarding the status of projects.
- Create, monitor, and analyze project schedules in accordance with standard of best project practice using independent judgment and exercising discretion.
- Track, analyze, and report information appropriately to allow the project teams to manage their projects and evaluate weekly reports.
- Ensure accuracy of project schedules and performed version control.
- Monitor projects" progress, including identifying critical activities and reviewing forecasts and progress achieved to date.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor scopes of work using Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for control and integrity.
- Maintain project risk register to ensure that risks are effectively managed to minimize their impact on schedule, scope, and budget of projects.
- Track baselines, perform what-if analysis, and develop contingency plans.
- Develop conceptual models for Business Capability traceability matrix to explain processes to all levels of users.
- Perform coordination of cross-functional departments to identify project issues, monitor action items, and work with the project manager to ensure resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Looking for someone with some p6 scheduling experience who is more junior and can be mentored by senior schedulers
Travel will be required to Corporate offices located in Richmond for meetings but primary location will be at the site. Will initially work remote (from home) and will be required to travel to site and Corporate as required by the project - will eventually report to site daily when COVID restrictions are lifted.