[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Quality Control (QC) Engineer is responsible for implementing the Quality Assurance/Quality Control program for a specific project. Duties will include planning, monitoring, documenting and reporting compliance in accordance to the Quality Assurance/Quality Control plan.
Essential job functions include:
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders including owners, architects, consultants, subcontractors and vendors to ensure that QA/QC plan delivers a fully compliant project.
- Be technically experienced and capable of comprehending the specifications, standards, and code requirements for all disciplines
- Understand the project execution plan and coordinate QC procedures at appropriate states of the work according to project schedule
- Responsible for daily inspection and documentation to verify contractor's work complies with the project specifications and applicable codes. Must review & maintain the project Quality Process Log (QPL).
- Review the subcontractors Quality Control Daily Logs
- Be fully aware of the contract plans, specifications, and applicable codes
- Participate in the Preparatory Meetings and Initial, Follow-up and Final Inspections
- Conduct testing and material inspections to verify that the products are to specifications
- Interface with third party testing agency and the subcontractor quality teams
- Submit and review RFIs to ensure changes are implemented in the field
- Verify that Definable Features of Work (DFOW) testing conforms to specification requirements, is fully documented, tracked and archived
- Audit subcontractor quality control procedures
- Initiate and track Deficiency Report issues to completion
- Coordinate and schedule for offsite equipment Source Inspections
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times
- Maintain and support company policy and values
The position may require the new hire to be assigned to a project with specific badging or other security requirements, which may require the Company, Owner, or third party to conduct a criminal or other background check.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Computer software - Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel based templates, Prolog, Primavera and AutoCAD, BIM
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience on large commercial construction projects
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Architecture or Construction Management
- Applicable certifications a plus (ex: ICC Building Inspector, licensed electrician, plumber, HVAC)