[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Pre-Commissioning Technician works with the installation team to complete the installation of conveyor and material handling systems by testing and troubleshooting PLC’s, various communications and controls networks, motor controls and other electrical systems. Candidates must be road warriors and be willing and able to travel to projects throughout the nation.
1. Work closely with electrical installers and Controls Engineers to implement and validate simple to highly complex material handling systems at customer sites located throughout North America.
2. Load emulated PLC programs and complete static functional testing according to received Description of Operation and drawing documentation for custom material handling systems.
3. Complete material handling system I/O and device level checkout and validation. Troubleshoot and correct component problems ( PLC, field devices, network repeaters, etc.) as required.
4. Testing, validate and troubleshoot various communications and controls networks such as Ethernet IP, Device Net, Control Net, Profi-bus, AS-I, and CAN.
5. Turnover validated subsystems to controls engineering group, with appropriate validation checklists.
6. Provide daily and weekly progress reports of accomplished tasks and exceptions.
1. Two year technical degree or equivalent experience, preferably electrical engineering related field.
2. Strong emphasis on PLC controls, working knowledge of networks (such as Device Net, Ethernet, AS-I, Profi-bus and Profi-Net), AC/DC circuits, and multiphase power distribution.
3. Working knowledge of fundamental electronic test equipment, including multi-meters, etc.
4. Two years minimal experience with material handling systems controls and wiring preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.