[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
This position is responsible for providing job level cost operational performance and other financial administrative reporting and analysis support to project level management. This team member will report to the Vice President of Finance / CFO in Littleton, MA but will work daily with the Project Managers, Project Engineers, other project staff members and the Contract Administrator.
• Perform and ensure an effective cost control and reporting function for ongoing projects by working with the Project Managers and other appropriate project personnel to review cost reports for accuracy and timeliness of quantity inputs
• Provide financial administrative support to Project Managers and division construction President (SE) and Senior Vice-President – Operations (NE) including providing input into preparation of monthly WIP Review Meetings and contract status reports.
• Analyze deviations in and assist in preparation of project reforecasts, and identify and reconcile P.O. issues
• Works closely with the Enterprise Applications team to ensure adequate backup support
• Understand technical construction documents to be able to assist in developing budget reforecasts and monitor progress of work per cost account to assure adherence to budget
• Promptly produce clear and concise summary report findings from assessment and analysis including cost overages and other unsatisfactory elements.
• Participate in cost enhancements
• Provide independent forecast completion costs based on trends including:
o Labor rate analysis
o Change management
o Schedule impacts and material cost variances
o Productivity measurement earned value
• Communicate independently with senior levels of financial and executive management (ownership) to review, audit and validate cost-to-complete forecasts using cost report data on the construction projects
• Author, maintain, and update the company’s Cost Management Manual and related documents
• The position requires regular business travel to NE or SE project sites, most of which are within driving distance of the regional offices. Minimal overnight travel is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Construction Management or Engineering, advanced degree a plus
• Extensive knowledge of standard construction accounting policies and procedures
• Minimum of five years of construction industry experience preferably on large scale civil construction projects including public works such as roads, bridges or airport projects
• Ability to become proficient with the Company’s ERP system (Viewpoint) as related to working with cost reporting, budgeting, and project management
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel including other data extraction and report writing software including publisher.
• Must be able to work and be effective in a fast-paced, demanding and lean environment providing quick yet accurate results with the ability to multi-task independently in a larger corporate environment
• Possess ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with good interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard-working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Above average organizational skills
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”