[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
FLEET OF DEMOLITION EQUIPMENT
In search of multi-disciplined Master Mechanics for fulltime, onsite work at a long term, large environmental and radiologically contaminated decommissioning project. The project is anticipated to last between five to ten years, and is located in Southern Ohio.
Currently, positions exist for two to three Mechanics. One of the three will be a “Lead” Mechanic/Foreman. A minimum of eight to ten years of experience in maintaining and managing a fleet of demolition equipment is a must.
The types of sizes and equipment are extremely large and range in size from 100,000 lb. Class Machines up to 300,000 lb. Class Machines carrying attachments weighing from two tons to twenty tons. There is nothing small about this job, or the equipment you will be managing and maintaining.
New, late model, fully stocked Service Truck complete with tools, welder, air compressor and generator will be provided. Also included will be computers and IT connectivity to allow direct access to Manufacturers service centers for ECM module interface and troubleshooting.
This is a Public Works Project paying Prevailing Wages in a Merit Based, Composite Crew, Project Labor Agreement for Heavy Industrial/Manufacturing Industry.
The following are basic credentials, skillsets and capabilities:
CORE COMPETENCIES, SKILLSETS AND CAPABILITIES:
• Safety must be #1 Value. Applicants must evidence a prior Safe Work History of performing large scale demolition projects with no Lost Time Accidents or OSHA Recordables.
• Work is full time, hands-on, pulling wrenches every day.
o Standard preventative maintenance items, changing attachments, fixing hoses and leaks. Daily Inspections and reporting to Management Team.
• Strong computer skills, analytical, diagnostic skills with manufacturers computers and onboard ECM’s is a must.
• Candidates should be “factory trained”, qualified, certified and familiar with working on the following manufacturers:
o Caterpillar, Komatsu, John Deere, Liebherr, Kobelco, Labounty
o Please specify your prior ‘factory’ formal training courses and certifications from specific Manufacturers
• UHD Front Excavators to 100’ High with 16,000# Work Tool.
• 2nd & 3rd member Excavators up to 30,000# Hydraulic Shears.
• Attachments include Hammers, Grapples, Thumbs, Pulverizers & Shears
• Must be physically capable, and willing to work in a “contaminated area” with respirators on, heavy PPE, and other constraints due to other engineering controls for working in a hazardous, environmental and radiological work zone.
• Welding certifications and familiarity to perform hard-facing on shears, grapples and other hardened attachments is a must.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift 100 pounds. Work is outside in cold, wet and lousy conditions during the winter, and during hot and dirty conditions during the summer.
• Minimum Training & Credentials:
o OSHA 30-Hour General Construction/Supervisory Training
o OSHA 40-Hour Haz-Mat with Supervisor
o OSHA Hazard Communication and Refueling Operations
o A minimum of “Awareness” Training for Lead, Asbestos, Haz-Mat, Heavy Metals and Radiological Contaminants.
o Welding, Cutting and Hard-facing Certifications
o Lockout/Tagout and Stored Hazardous Energy
o Advanced Crane, Lifting, Rigging and Signalmen Training
o Advanced Hydraulic Systems training, diagnostics and repair
o Advanced Diesel & Gasoline Engine training, diagnostics and repair
o Advanced diagnostics with ECM Modules and manufacturers interface
o First Aid CPR
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skillsets are a must in order to facilitate communication with Heavy Equipment Operators and working in a Team Environment to get the job done Safely and Compliantly.
• Candidates must be pragmatic and detail orientated with a strong commitment to doing the job right, completing daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports, and anticipating problems to perform preventative and predictive maintenance to eliminate issues before they happen.
American DND is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug and Alcohol Screening required. Please provide your detailed resume and include any specialty training, manufacturers certifications and other relative supporting documentations.
Please send resume to: HRManager@AmericanDND.com , or Fax to 716-773-5515. No phone calls please.