[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Layne Water Resources a Granite Subsidiary - Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award-winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Understanding and complying with company safety policies and procedures as related to this position, including reading all relevant safety literature, using required protective equipment and practicing good housekeeping
• Preparing system proposals and scope of supply letters, to include preliminary process design description, budgetary and firm cost estimates, and customers’ cost of system ownership
• Providing guidance to the design team in the modification of system PFDs, P&IDs, proposal and project drawings, as required, and specifying components
• Developing pilot test protocol/procedures and providing technical support for the Field Service team, as well as preparing pilot report after analysis of pilot test data
• Providing technical assistance to:
• the Project Management team; provides direction and engineering support with current projects
• the Field Service team; provides direction and engineering support for installation and commissioning of system
• Interacting with the Sales and Marketing team to:
• establish/define customer requirements
• evaluate alternative design approaches considering available technologies
• Developing and preparing process and project submittals and operations and maintenance manuals
• Stays abreast of technology in key application areas
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or environmental engineering
• 7-10 years proven industrial and water treatment process design and application experience
• Exposure and expertise in a wide range of water treatment technologies and processes, including both municipal drinking water and industrial process water
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• A background and knowledge base in filtration, ion-exchange and membrane treatment systems
• Capable of preparing water treatment system conceptual design including technology selection, sizing, etc.
• Project management experience including vendor management, drawing review, bill of material review, and customer management.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• The ability to work together as a team member on all aspects of the job, including the sales effort, process design and development, engineering, procurement, project management, manufacturing and assembly, service, startup and troubleshooting
• Capable of promoting business growth through product and project development
• Provide technical training to application engineering, business development managers, account managers and technical sales specialists
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills