[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
General Supervisor - (Pit Production)
To direct and coordinate the safe, environmentally compliant, productive, and cost-effective operation of the mine.
• Supervise and direct the activities of the senior supervisors in their daily activities.
• Monitor day-to-day mine operations to ensure that all mine customers get the material they need for their operations, while maintaining lowest possible operating cost.
• Maintain records to ensure effective scheduling of operations.
• Maintain a competent and effective supervisory and hourly work force through effective personnel management and labor relations techniques and policies.
• Promote improved performance of subordinates through ongoing training and communication of ideas, techniques, and policies.
• Assist in preparation of departmental budgets and forecasts ensuring proper cost and business planning.
• Communicate with the Mine Manager concerning operating practices that have the potential to increase production and decrease costs.
• Communicate and coordinate closely with Technical Services Planning Engineers, Ore Control Engineer and Mechanical Engineers.
• Communicate and coordinate closely with Copper Basin Railroad, Mill Operations, Crusher Operations and SXEW Operations to make sure that Mine Operations is meeting their needs.
• Coordinate and communicate closely with the Maintenance General Supervisors, planners and Electrical Supervisor on those maintenance requirements affecting mine production to obtain high, long-term equipment availability through effective maintenance, equipment replacement, and improvement programs.
• Ensure that work practices within the mine area comply with company, local, state, and federal safety, and environmental standards.
• Interact with workforce and Human Resources, Purchasing, Accounting, etc., to ensure compliance with established company policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be proficient with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel MS Project, and MS Outlook.
• Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus building.
• Applicant must have good communications.
SKILLS (oral and written).
• Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
• Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of Ellipse/Kronos software is a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Mining Engineering or similar degree required.
• Must have prior management/supervisory experience of 5 years in open pit copper mining.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
• The job requires training or instruction in the area of environmental Awareness.
• This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety & Health awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA and/or MSHA.
A core value of the mine is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially, and environmentally responsible.
manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the
Company. Therefore, the company requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
Please apply at Geotemps.com on a computer or call for further information.