[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Up to $30 a hour, Hotel provided and $25 a day Per-diem
TKO Construction Services is currently accepting resumes for Steel Erector. We are looking for all skill levels from entry level to seasoned Steel Erectors looking for steady employment. Travel Required! Hotel and Per diem provided!
The Steel Erector is responsible to raise, place and unite girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures or structure frameworks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Sets up hoisting equipment for raising placing structural-steel members.
• Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable, or rope.
• Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift place steel member.
• Guides member, using tab line rope or rides on member to guide it into position.
• Pulls, pushes, or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
• Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
• Aligns rivet holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by driving drift pins or handle of wrench through holes.
• Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob level.
• Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently riveted, bolted, or welded in place.
• Installs metal wall sheathing and roof panels.
• Cuts welds steel members to make alterations, using oxyacetylene welding equipment.
• Rivets trim and accessory items to the roof and wall panels.