[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking Construction Oversight Engineers/Specialists for work in our Data Center & Mission Critical Communications Group. These positions will be field assignments located at our client sites, though specific locations have not been finalized at this time.
- Review engineering drawings and specifications for compliance with the design/scope of work and constructability.
- Perform site walkdowns to identify design solutions and develop cost-effective problem resolutions.
- Observe and inspect craft installation work in the field to identify potential problems.
- Develop daily reports for submittal to the client.
- Verify contractor status reports and milestones achieved.
- Evaluate change orders.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in construction, startup, and commissioning of data center facilities or similar industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards pertaining to Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP).
- Familiar with the International Building Code and Building Code Design.
- Proficiency in reading construction prints and verifying compliance in the field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented in notes, recordkeeping, and documentation.
- Ability to handle difficult or confrontational interactions with contractors.
- Ability to walk a construction site for 10 hours/day.
- Ability to be located at the client site for the duration of the project, this timeframe may range from a couple months to over a year.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is a plus.