[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title: Deck Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI
Status of Hire: full-time/direct
Salary: $150k-$165k (plus relo assistance)
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Support the construction efforts by providing technical support to craft and supervision as well as helping to satisfy Quality requirements on the project. Initiates action when necessary to ensure the project is being built as specified in the scope of work. Provide construction engineering and technical support for a specific discipline on large stand-alone projects. Provide construction engineering and technical support for two or more construction engineering disciplines on small to medium projects.
• Assist craftsmen, foremen, and project supervision with regard to construction-related issues identified on drawings
• Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving activities
• Establish and maintain effective communication between the company and the design engineer to ensure the timely flow of design documents and information
• Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the project quality program when the quality function is the responsibility of the construction engineering department; report the status of functions performed by the construction engineering department to project management
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements :
• 8-12 years heavy civil construction experience with 8-10 years steel erection experience, preferably infrastructure work
• Assess and escalate issues to the Construction Engineering Manager, as necessary
• Structural and bridge/heavy highway experience preferred
• Construction Management degree or global equivalent
• Extensive site construction experience required
• Requires an individual who excels in a particular area such as civil, mechanical, piping, electrical, and/or instrumentation work
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to speak/read multiple languages
• Advanced computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as advanced use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
Drug Screen and Background Check required prior to employment.
TRS is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate all interest in this position, however, only those applicants with resumes most closely-matched to the requirement will be contacted to discuss a potential interview.