[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI
Status of Hire: full-time/direct
Salary: $175k-$185k (plus relo assistance)
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
• This position provides projects with technical expertise in one or several areas of discipline. Leads discipline engineers in providing technical assistance to construction management.
• Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving activities
• Coordinate the completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepare punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turnover to the client or for start up
• Maintain liaison with the design engineer to schedule and coordinate the release of construction design documents in support of the construction schedule
• Provide marked-up drawings and information required for the preparation of as-built drawings
• Interpret the intent and requirements of the design documents; ensure design drawings are reviewed for completeness and constructability; and ensure drawings are marked-up and information provided as required for the preparation of as-built drawings
• Participate in pre-construction planning efforts during the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and development phases of projects, including the coordination and implementation of the constructability review program
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements:
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and fourteen (14) years of work-related experience; a recognized certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Provide input to project controls regarding progress measurement and quantity surveys
• Provide feedback to Contracts department on subcontractors claims to progress
• Construction Management degree or global equivalent
• Typically has twelve (12) years of field project experience
• Commensurate skills for an assignment to a project with a value between US$500 million and US$1 billion or global equivalent
• Advanced computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the advanced use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
Drug Screen and Background Check required prior to employment.
TRS is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate all interest in this position, however, only those applicants with resumes most closely-matched to the requirement will be contacted to discuss a potential interview.