[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The HSE Advisor reports directly to the Director of Quality, Health, Safety & Environment. This position is responsible for a variety of operational responsibilities related to the establishment and maintenance of a safe working environment in field projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participates in regular meetings with the project management team and provides input from a safety perspective towards achieving project schedules.
* Ensures employees have the minimum required training and PPE.
* Ensures all hazard assessments are completed and field level risk assessments are identified prior to beginning work activities.
* Participates and promotes the Behavior Observation Program.
* Ensures pre-job safety meeting is held before construction work begins.
* Leads site-specific safety orientations.
* Conducts incident investigations.
* Ensures alcohol and drug testing is completed as per the corporate policy.
* Ensures the site safety management plan is followed for the project.
* Ensures corrective action is taken for safety related deviations.
* Ensures tailgate/toolbox meetings are held.
* Assists with the completion of safety audits.
* Ensures equipment and vehicle inspections are completed and meet safety requirements.
* Completes weekly statistical safety reporting for the project.
* Ensures H2S Bump tests are completed.
* Complies with standards and procedures of the PTW Health and Safety Manual and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* CSP (Certified Safety Professional) is recommended
* 3+ years of working experience in the Occupational Health and Safety Field (preferably in construction or
oil & gas industry)
* CSTS (Construction Safety Training System)
* H2S Alive
* Fall Protection and Aerial Work Platform
* Standard First Aid
* Knowledge of construction or oil & gas industry safety standards
* Knowledge and understanding of safety standards as it pertains to legislation
Strong organizational skills to properly coordinate large volume activities and meet deadlines
* Effective communication skills to work with all levels of the organization
PTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
** No third-party agencies, please. **