[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. Our industry experience helps us offer unmatched service and support to our consultants. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals. PIC consultants benefit from training programs and a global family of seasoned professionals united under a common goal; to go beyond the job description day.
Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Morristown, NJ area.
Client is an EPC contractor specializing in the installation of power generation and industrial process facilities. Client utilizes a motivated team of inhouse construction managers, project managers, engineers, and project staff to manage the execution of the engineering, procurement, and construction of various projects. Engineering is executed via subcontract with architect engineering firms specializing in the project industry and market. Client’s in-house engineering activities serve as preliminary engineering design bases and as critical oversight of the subcontracted engineering firms. This role will be a part of our in-house engineering team.
The Electrical Engineer primarily applies principles, knowledge, and practices of electrical engineering for timely identification, analysis, and resolution of design related issues during project development, FEL engineering, and detailed design stages of projects. Electrical Engineer shall be responsible for the direct oversight of the execution of the electrical engineering and design by Client’s engineering subcontractor. Electrical Engineer shall have extensive knowledge of electrical codes and standards in the refinery and process industries. Engineer shall also support the Engineering Manager in the areas of subcontractor management, development of project reports, and development of internal project budgets. Electrical Engineer shall also be capable of developing preliminary engineering documents to support Client’s bid phase and contract development efforts.
• Lead the coordination and review of our engineering subcontractors electrical engineering tasks, identifying design issues, and monitoring progress of all electrical deliverables and activities, and ensure that reports, plans and other deliverables are compliant with all project contract documents and requirements.
• Review engineering contractor’s deliverable with a keen eye towards value engineering, constructability and completeness/correctness.
• Review vendor drawing submittals for overall compliance with purchase specifications.
• Work with internal engineering team to oversee the engineering subcontractor’s work scope to ensure that the engineering effort is completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
• Coordinate design review activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
Apply extensive knowledge of API, NFPA 70, 70E, NEMA, PIP, and other industry standards in review
• Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
• Independently coordinate directly with subcontractor’s discipline lead engineer to resolve open design points and ensure conformance to project specifications
• Participate in Client coordination meetings
• Lead and participate in discipline specific Client design reviews and coordination.
• Evaluate Client requirements and author clarifications and exceptions to RFPs, design basis documents, project execution plans, and electrical scopes of work.
• Support Client’s proposal efforts including:
Write preliminary budgetary specs on electrical equipment
Assist in preparation and editing of reports, design criteria documents, preliminary drawings (site, facility, and equipment layout), equipment specifications, and other deliverables as necessary.
Developing Electrical Installation Bid Packages
• Minimum 10 years of refinery, industrial process facility, design engineering experience with a track record of achievement on large complex projects
• Strong technical background in the installation and operation of electrical equipment and associated subsystems within refineries/process facilities/substations
• Experience as a lead design engineer on multiple large scale process facilities.
• Familiarity with high, medium and low voltage installations, substation design, grounding, protection
• Ability to collaborate with project team members and client entities, demonstrating the leadership capabilities to ensure a successful project
• Demonstrated experience leading engineers to provide designs that are compliant with Client requirements, and completed on time and on budget.
• Experience developing preliminary equipment specifications and coordinating with equipment suppliers.
• Experience in power generation facilities is preferred
• AutoCAD proficiency is preferred
• Excellent written and oral skills are required
• P.E. license is not required, but preferred
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.